Our Head Office is located at Wellington Way, Weybridge, KT13 0TT
By visiting www.yooodle.co.uk (the “Yooodle Site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Our Data Protection Registration Number is ZA295611. To find out more information about the Data Protection Register, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website www.ico.org.uk.
By submitting your personal information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this Policy.
You may withdraw your consent to receiving direct marketing communications from us at any time (see the section called Marketing below).
You may withdraw your consent to our processing your personal information for providing the services to you at any time, although please note that we may still continue to process some of your personal information to the extent that it is required for us to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
The Yooodle Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
2. Information we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any formation about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data)
We may collect, use, tore and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have mentioned below
Identity Data – includes first name, middle names, surnames, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
Contact Data – includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
Financial Data – includes bank account and payment details.
Transaction Data – includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
Technical Data – includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
3. Information that you provide to us
When you use the Yooodle Site, we collect information that you choose to give to us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our services, subscribe to our service, place an advertisement on the Yooodle Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, report a problem with the Yooodle Site and any other activities commonly carried out on the Yooodle Site.
The information you give us may include your title, name, address, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth/age, gender, financial and credit card information, personal description, photographs, relationship information and other preferences that you state in relation to the service we offer.
4. Information we collect
With regard to each of your visits to the Yooodle Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Yooodle Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
5. Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any other websites we operate or other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
6. How long do we retain your personal information
We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information for certain prescribed periods to fulfil our statutory obligations. Outside of specific statutory obligations, we will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant purposes for which we use it, or in accordance with any retention periods set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
7. Uses made of the information
We use personal data collected for the purposes of:
- providing and improving our services;
- verifying identities and registering your property;
- personalising our service to you;
- compiling research data;
- notifying you of any changes to our services that may affect you;
- marketing—see the section on Marketing below;
- preventing and detection fraud and other illegal activities; and
- complying with our legal obligations.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
The cookies in use on our website include cookies for Google Analytics. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to collect information to enable us to understand how visitors engage with our site. You can access more information about the cookies used by Google Analytics click here.
The Google Analytics features we use are user ID and demographics and interest reporting, which means that we may collect information about your computer or device, including your IP address, operating system and browser type; the date and time you visited our site; whether you have visited our site before; the site that referred you to our site; and your age, gender, and interests.
We then use the information for system administration and to compile reports which include statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, to help us improve the Yooodle Site. The information collected by Google Analytics is collected anonymously and reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit the Yooodle Site here.
8. Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW3). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Yooodle Site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may transfer your personal data to a jurisdiction outside the European Economic Area if in our discretion such transfer is necessary or desirable for our purposes as described in this Policy. Certain of those jurisdictions may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in the UK. By submitting your information you consent to these transfers.
We may wish to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that we think may be of interest to you.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you.
If you, as a new or existing customer, prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us or third parties then you can opt out at any time by please ticking the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or emailing your request to unsubscribe to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also opt out of receiving our marketing emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in any of those emails and following the subsequent directions.
10. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Yooodle Site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We store personal information only for as long as it necessary for fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorised by applicable law.
We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
11. Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Some of the rights are complex, applying only in certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions, and in interests of keeping this policy concise, not all of the details have been included in this summary. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance’s from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
You have the right:
To object to us processing your personal information for marketing purposes. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information for this purpose. When we collect your data, you can choose whether you wish to receive marketing communications from us. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can opt out at any time by clicking an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of one of our emails.
To access the information we hold about you and certain information about our processing of it and your rights in relation to it.
In certain circumstances, to obtain erasure of the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions.
To rectification of the information we hold about you.
In certain circumstances, to restrict our processing of your personal information or object to us processing it. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information unless certain exceptions apply.
Where our legal basis for processing your personal information is your consent or the performance of a contract and we process it by automated means, to be provided with the personal information we hold about you in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit the information to another controller.
To not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affecting you, subject to certain exceptions.
Where our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, to withdraw that consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, we will stop the relevant processing, but it will not affect the lawfulness of our processing before the withdrawal.
Want to make a complaint about a breach of your personal information, applicable privacy laws/principles or a concern about Yooodle privacy practices.
Would like access and/or update information or preferences you provided to us
All correspondence should be addressed to the General Data Protection Officer at Yooodle, Wellington Way, Weybridge, KT13 0TT or email@example.com
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary cookies | These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Yooodle Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Yooodle Site, arrange and manage bookings and make use of e-billing services.
• Analytical/performance cookies | These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Yooodle Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Yooodle Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies | These are used to recognise you when you return to the Yooodle Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your favourite choice of service).
• Targeting cookies | These cookies record your visit to the Yooodle Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Yooodle Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We may also allow our business partners to place cookies on your device. For example, we use Google Analytics for web analytics which means Google may also set cookies on your device. As further explained below, third parties may also place cookies on your device for advertising purposes.
There are two types of cookies used on the Yooodle Site, namely “persistent cookies" and “session cookies" which determines the length of time a cookie stays on your device.
Session cookies will normally expire when you close your browser, while persistent cookies will remain on your device after you close your browser, and can be used again the next time you access the Yooodle Site.
The Yooodle Site may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.