The Lettings market is a competitive one so maximise your chances of securing a suitable Tenant by doing the following:
- Ensure the exterior is clean and tidy – First impressions count with prospective Tenants so maximise kerb appeal by ensuring the entrance is presentable, windows are clean, hedges are trimmed and bins are out of sight.
- Neutralise the decor – Choose neutral muted tones and ensure the décor is fresh throughout. This will not only make the property look more spacious and inviting, it will make it more appealing to prospective Tenants as they won’t have to worry about whether it compliments their furniture.
- Finish all those odd jobs you’ve been putting off – Every property has its quirks but whilst as an owner occupier, you may live with them, everything needs to be in full working order prior to any Tenant taking up occupation.
- De-clutter – It’s all about minimalism! Before the photography and any viewings take place, ensure the property is as tidy and clutter free as possible as this will help to create the illusion of space as well as helping Tenants to visualise themselves living at the property.
- Deep-clean – Pay particular attention to bathrooms and kitchens, ensuring they are dirt and grime free. Grouting and sealant should be cleaned/renewed where required.
To summarise, prospective Tenants have to live with a property as it is so specification has a real bearing on how appealing it is, how quickly it lets and also the calibre of Tenant it attracts!